Author Topic: rogers bros silverware  (Read 2677 times)

grandmajudy10

• View Profile
rogers bros silverware
« on: August 21, 2004, 09:40:22 am »
does anyone know the value of a service for 12 of rogers bros. silverware 1847 in excellent condition in larde mahogany case with all serving utensils. service set includes 2 forks 2spoons knife ice tea spoon and fish forks. thanks grandmajudy10

kerrybee

• View Profile
rogers bros silverware
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 11:03:14 pm »
This would be good quality silverplate.  The 1847 is a trade name, not the maker date.  

If you want to identify your pattern, pull up a chair, get you cup of coffee ready, and be prepared to scroll thru lots of patterns.    :blink:

www.replacements.co m

and if after you select your Rogers, which became part of International Silver Co., click the blue band on the left to open up all the pattern pics.  And keep on scrollin'.  

Generally, in my area, Pacific Northwest, shops ask $200 ish for good condition plate and in a nice box.   And prices can vary vis a vis pattern and condition.

If you own such a set, perhaps you might consider using it for Sunday dinners.  So much of this genre is in excellent condition, as it was used only rarely.  And if you don't mind hand washing, and occasionally polishing - - these pieces acquire a beautiful patina over the years - sometimes a little glamor on the dinner table makes a good meal into a great meal - just my opinion, and yes, I have silver plate, not sterling.   KB