Author Topic: Unusual Limoges (Sebring) Teacups  (Read 1201 times)

wolfhouse

• View Profile
    • Wolfhouse Vintage
Unusual Limoges (Sebring) Teacups
« on: December 31, 2011, 07:14:43 pm »
Can't find anything that is anywhere near this with Limoges. This style looks very modern, yet the saucers are dated 1928. They're really unique and beautiful and was wondering if anyone could give any insight on the style and how common it is.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Unusual Limoges (Sebring) Teacups
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 07:33:22 pm »
     These cups are sometimes considered as "American Limoges", they are not true Limoges, that being from the limoges area in France, These was made in Sebring Ohio.  Also many times they are call Sebring China.  They look to be from the period dated on the cups.

wolfhouse

• View Profile
    • Wolfhouse Vintage
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 07:37:20 pm »
I understand that they are American Limoges, but I have yet to see this same style. Pretty much all I've seen have been plain white  or a solid color, with detailed florals and sometimes gold leafing. I have not seen any teacups from this time (online at least) that have the texture and bright colors that these have.
Do American Limoges not have any value? They look to be more uncommon than the French.

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 07:55:37 pm »
The texture you mentioned  (swirls in green glazing ) was called by the company Green Ripple  pat filed by Frank Sebring July 8, 1927. The makers mark on your piece was used from 1910 - 1930. When first produced it was with no folral design later transfers were added.
Most you will find on line have no transfer like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Serving-Bowl-Limoges-China-Co-U-S-A-Sebring-Ohio-/270880942445?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f11c3296d

Value for cup & saucer maybe $8.00