Author Topic: Antique Bavaria Tea Set  (Read 17983 times)

Muffinmaman

• View Profile
Antique Bavaria Tea Set
« on: November 20, 2011, 07:38:11 pm »
This is a picture of my Bavaria Tea Set & it has a GOLD CROWN STAMP with the words BAVARIA written underneath.
Does anyone know how old this Tea set Is? Also what Company made it?
I only know that it has 22KT. GOLD etching all around the Set, & possibly made in the 1900's?
Any information would be greatly appreciated as I've searched the internet & can't find anything. THANKS! :)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Antique Bavaria Tea Set
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 10:10:20 pm »
Can you please post a picture of the marks on the undersides?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 09:00:15 am »
Like KC said,,  we can`t tell without seeing the marks !!

Muffinmaman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 04:32:52 pm »

I did find this picture last week on E-Bay.I copied the picture from E-Bay because my picture of underneath my set was too blurry.
Someone had posted 25 pieces "Vintage Bavaria China Set 22KT. Gold etching" with the SAME GOLD CROWN STAMP & BAVARIA written underneath.
Unfortunately the person selling the 25 pieces of the "VINTAGE BAVARIA CHINA SET" did not provide any information. ::)
The first picture is of MY TEA SET & the one that shows the CROWN STAMP & BAVARIA written underneath is EXACTLY THE SAME "LOGO" as MY TEA SET. :o

I'm trying to get as much information as possible because I'm helping my older brother who would like to sell this really cute Tea set.
He doesn't have a computer.
When I went to his place I took the first picture of His Tea SET with my cell phone & the underneath pictured turned out blurry.
I was so excited when I finally came across the EXACT BAVARIA TEA SET on E-BAY.
Unfortunately there was NO INFORMATION. :(
I would like to know HOW OLD is this TEA SET & what company made it & what is it worth?
He has the TEA POT,CREAMER, SUGAR BOWL & 3 TEA CUPS all in EXCELLENT CONDITION. THANKS! :)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 05:06:54 pm »
Is the mark the same on all of the pieces ?? Looked through two sites of European porcelain marks and did not find this one !!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 05:57:38 pm »
Could not find it also mart  Hopefully Chris will stop by.. I can tell you they are transfers,  The progress of love.. based on the series by the artist Fragonard, He painted four scenes for Madam Du Barry the last mistress of Louis XV  , Gentleman serenading a lady. I know JKW Carlsbad used this transfer also they can be found in French Limoges pieces.

Muffinmaman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 11:01:32 pm »
YES, the GOLD CROWN LOGO is underneath ALL of my pieces, the creamer, the sugar bowl & the 3 cups.
I'd would really like to help my brother, as this is quite intriguing. He purchased it a while ago at an Antique Shop, but the owner had no details on THE TEA SET! :(
Where in Bavaria does this TEA SET come from..which Company made it, how old is it, & is it worth anything? ::)THANKS!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 11:57:24 pm »
Wou;d this be consider Royal Vienna?
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 09:41:31 am »
I don`t think so,,GA !! I am leaning more toward a Japanese repro or fake mark !!  Quality of decoration just doesn`t look like most I have seen !! Gold trim around the tops of his cups is a bit crude and not very well done from what I can see !!  The one he found on ebay has some of the gold wearing off !!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:35:20 am by mart »

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 11:06:39 pm »
Your good mart. You have a good eye.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

Muffinmaman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 02:23:28 pm »
Ok, I finally got around to taking a trip down to my brother Bob's. He's got a lot of stuff in there! My son and I took pictures of the actual tea set and the marking underneath. Here are the pics. I don't know if this will get us more information on the authenticity, but I hope so!

The actual tea set that Bob wants to sell:

Close up of the design on the tea pot:

Close up of the Bavaria trademark:

Thank you all for your help, you have been very helpful!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 02:25:43 pm by Muffinmaman »

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 10:53:36 pm »
This set looks the same as yours. They say it is:  "Bayreuth Porcelain of West Germany. Called Brilliant Gold"
http://shopyippee.com/shop/brilliant-gold-tea-set-elegant-bavaria-%E2%80%93-gloria-%E2%80%93-bayreuth/

I don't know if it is that because I haven't found a crown mark for that company yet.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 11:02:24 pm by snowflake »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 10:41:13 am »
Nope !!  Bayreuth or Royal Bayreuth has no crown in the mark !! And it says Royal Bayreuth above the mark !!  It is more a coat of arms type mark !!  Most of the mfrs of any quality would have the name on the piece !! However repro`s were made in Japan with fake marks for years !!

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 10:08:32 pm »
I agree, mart. I can't find a thing like it, with that mark.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 06:51:26 am »
The quality of these pieces just does not show a known mfr !!  Just not really good work on these !! Japanese or Chinese imports I am pretty sure !!