Author Topic: Recently bought an Eric Sloane painting at an Auction...Any value to it?  (Read 1255 times)

mross2818

• View Profile
I recently bought a very large Eric Sloane painting at an auction and was wondering if there was any value to it.  I am very new to this, so really don't have a clue lol.  It is framed and has a gold tag with his name and the name of the painting, "Old Covered Bridge".  It also has 2 small children with fishing poles and a dog walking in the field near the bridge.  The back has a sticker with "Windsor Art Products Division of Illinois Moulding Company" on it.  Also, P666 J-V2031-158.  Any idea if it is worth anything?  I'm sure it's probably not an original.  Also, any advice on any useful websites where I might be able to find good info for future buys?  Thanks! Michelle

mart

• View Profile
Most likely you have a giclee print of his !!  His art sells quite high as you can see here  http://www.artbrokerage.com/artist/Eric-Sloane !!  He did excellent landscapes of the southwest and new england and was a prolific illustrator as well according to the site I gave you !!  As far as value,, do you mind saying what you gave for the print ??

Rauville

• View Profile
I would doubt if Windsor Art Products ever offered anything but licensed reproductions of original art. Regardless, Eric Sloane did such nice work, that even a print of his work is worth admiring. I have always enjoyed his illustrated books on the subjects of early tools, barns, bridges, etc.