Author Topic: Help a computer illiterate person !! Please !!  (Read 8857 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: Help a computer illiterate person !! Please !!
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 06:36:33 pm »
I haven`t used a library card in years !! But I could get another if needed !!  That WalMart one sound like the one I looked at !!
What is WiFi ??  What does it do or I should say,,what is it for ??

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 06:52:10 pm »
He likes History, westerns, militaria, action books of any kind, and politics, sci-fy and some biography if military connected !!

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 06:55:43 pm »
WiFi is what delivers the internet over the air.  No cords have to be connected from the wall to whatever device is accessing the internet. Kinda works like a cordless phone. One Unit is plugged into the phone line directly but you are able to talk without a cord attached to a wall.  You have dial up so WiFi is not available to you. If you had a high speed connection through either a phone line, cable TV, or Satalite, then you could have a WiFi connection.

Make sense?

Yup!  Go get a library card - you'll be using it  ;D

And the $89 version would be better. If your hubby doesn't like it, you can use it while at your son's house to surf the net.  If you ever get WiFi, your hubby can get lots of free news feeds (articles) which he will love!  I wouldn't expect too much for that price but it would be fun to play with. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:16:07 pm by Oceans64 »
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 09:31:26 am »
Thanks Oceans and Snowflake for all your help !! Hopefully we computer illiterate people can learn to use one !!

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 10:21:29 am »
That WalMart one sound like the one I looked at !!

That's why I suggested it (knowing you had a WM in your area).  The $89 version would be the best as I know you would find a use for it while sitting at Jim's house (in case your hubs doesn't use it). 

Let us know if you get one and I can tell you what software to install. Pretty sure you're going to want this for all but the Kindle: http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 06:44:34 pm »
You're welcome, mart! There is some great reading out there.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 03:12:17 pm »
This is rediculous !!!  Thought I would go ahead and put the adobe reader software on my computer !! After an hour of downloading all the stuff, I couldn`t activate it because it said my email was wrong !! I have never put it on this computer and I have only had two email addresses in my life with the same ISP for the last 12 years !!  Had to add (us) to the addy when they were re vamping stuff after they moved to Houston !!  Oh that reminds me,,,,,