Author Topic: antique? Unknown Deer lamp  (Read 879 times)

jcmurp

• View Profile
antique? Unknown Deer lamp
« on: January 10, 2012, 12:56:09 pm »
My mother picked this up years ago from a eldrly lady in her 90's. I have not been able to find a mark or a maker. Any ideas? It is very heavy and the shade has blue and white stained glass.
I have no idea. If anyone knows or has an idea of age,value,maker etc I greatly appreciate it. My mother passed and we may be forced to sell it to pay for funeral expenses that we have incured and medical bills
we also some crystal to that I have no idea
thanks
James

fancypants

• View Profile
Re: antique? Unknown Deer lamp
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 01:37:46 pm »
Nice little slag-glass stag-motif table lamp , jcmurp .

If you use the search term(s) 'antique stag slag glass lamp' on the internet , you'll find out a fair amount about items like yours !!!

Carefully inspect the 'base' of your lamp to locate any possible signatures , marks & etc , since some marks &/or sigs can really boost the cash value of such items .

My knee-jerk response is that your lamp seems like it's from the early 1900's .

I have seen stag-motif lamps , in the past ten years (in the U.S.) , selling for $200 - $800 USD , depending upon the lamp & the location where auction/estate-sales were held .

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:43:29 pm by fancypants »
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

mart

• View Profile
Re: antique? Unknown Deer lamp
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 02:34:28 pm »
Like Fancy said,, check carefully for signatures !!  Base may be bronze and may have a foundry mark somewhere !!  Sometimes these marks are hidden in the design so use a mag. glass !!