Author Topic: Another Horse Figure  (Read 1744 times)

Riddlebox

• View Profile
Another Horse Figure
« on: January 12, 2012, 04:06:03 pm »
I have had this horse figure for some time now but I have never seen one like it. If anyone has any information on it such as perhaps who made it or how much it could be worth or anything like that it would be greatly appreciated. Here are some pics. They don't do the brilliant colours much justice but I didn't want to move it ( because I'm clumsy )and my room is red so it sort of messes with the photo colour. If you need clearer picture I can definitely take some very carefully :D

Thanks for having a look.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 06:45:12 pm by Riddlebox »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Another Horse Figure
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 04:46:52 pm »
How big is it and is anything on the bottom ?? Looks like some of the figures made in the 50`s !! Fairly large and used to sit on top of the older TV sets !!  Some were lighted and some were not !!

Riddlebox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 04:52:58 pm »
How big is it and is anything on the bottom ?? Looks like some of the figures made in the 50`s !! Fairly large and used to sit on top of the older TV sets !!  Some were lighted and some were not !!

Thanks for the fast reply :)
My mom thinks it's from the 50's as well.
It is just over a foot tall at the tallest point ( which would be the taller horses head )
and just a little longer then that across. There are no markings the inside is completely hollow. I can take more pics if you like of the bottom and such if that would help.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 04:55:49 pm by Riddlebox »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 05:00:47 pm »
Thats my guess as to time period !!  Value ?? Not a lot unless you can hit on a horse lover to sell it to,, Maybe $25. !!  Some do collect these but usually they look for the marked lighted ones !!

Riddlebox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 05:25:22 pm »
Thanks again for the reply :)
Anyone else have any more information ? Maybe a guess on who manufactured this or anything ? I just cant believe i cant find one other one anywhere on the net !

Riddlebox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 06:45:33 pm »
Giving this a bump because i added new photos :)

Riddlebox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 10:11:58 am »
I suppose its off to the road show with this then. I cannot find hardly any pieces especially horse related in good condition near this size. I cant even find a statue close to this one. So because its unusual I do think it must have some sort of value even if not that large. If anyone is interested ill post after I find out.