Author Topic: Print Signed West  (Read 1745 times)

KevinB

• View Profile
Print Signed West
« on: January 16, 2012, 04:16:07 pm »
I have this print called Picking Flowers  # 14/350 signed West. Anyone know the first name of the artist? Unfortunately if you type in west and anything to do with art all you find are western things.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Print Signed West
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 06:45:08 pm »
Is it written/ signed in pencil ??

KevinB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 06:48:52 pm »
It is witten and signed in pencil.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 07:28:25 pm »
Can you take a close up of all the writing on the bottom ??

KevinB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 07:42:45 pm »
I hope these are close enough because I do not have the print at home its in storage. I was thinking it wasn't going to be anything good but your starting to make me wonder. Killing me with suspense.  ;D lol

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 09:50:54 am »
Resolution is not good on those pics !!  Too blurry to tell much !! This looks similar to many prints made in 70`s and 80`s !!
Haven`t found anything on the artist and if he/she were a listed and popular artist there would be more of these prints that could be found !!  From the subject matter I think the artist is female !!  You might take the print out of the frame and see if there is anything on the back of it !!  If there is no information on who framed it it, or the artist, it is likely a work sold at department stores like starving artist sales !!

KevinB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 10:36:32 am »
Well I sure appreciate you trying Mart. I figured this might of been a listed artist because it came with a collection of other works by listed artists. Thanks Kevin

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 11:00:06 am »
Can you provide a few more names of the other listed artist?

Information like this, if they were purchased/painted at the same time frame, can help in a search as to the artist, etc.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

KevinB

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 11:09:49 am »
Sure can KC. I have two Andre Renault oil paintings. Two Harold A. Laynor oil paintings. A Vu Cao Dam signed and numbered print from 1971. A few Francesco Guardi prints from photos and a few other things I haven't researched much yet.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 01:56:21 pm »
Its odd that there is no first name or initial as most artists want people to know who did the painting or print !! But some newer artists do have prints made with the hope of selling them and if that does not happen as they think,, they change course !!  There are about 15 artists named West,, haven`t checked them all yet !!

KevinB

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 02:14:41 pm »
If you give me the names mart I would check them out. I actually love researching things but often I need someone to point in my the right direction. lol