Author Topic: Help with lace tablecloths and placemats  (Read 1316 times)

jcmurp

• View Profile
Help with lace tablecloths and placemats
« on: January 22, 2012, 10:33:46 pm »
Well everyone is so helpfull and understanding here and helping me raise some money for my mothers medical and funeral so
I have a few more items and here are 3 of them. The pics show 3 items. The first is a tablecloth that is lace but is it old or how do I tell or is it home made recently. The second is another tablecloth but a different pattern and wondering the same. Basicly know nothing about them so any ideas or hints about true antique or vintage lace or french or italian...etc The third is a placemat mad from a cotton like material and has a red paper tag hooked on the placemats with a string with chinese writing and then says "made in the peoples republic of china" any ideas of pattern names or any info on them or if they have value?
Any and all help greatly appreciated
Thanks again for your help in trying to raise the money for my mothers passing and medical bills
James

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Help with lace tablecloths and placemats
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 06:55:28 am »
I'd say your first two (tablecloths) are 'fairly' recent machine manufactured. I have one very similar to the first and the second is quite close to the same material in my lace window panels. The placemat appears to possibly have some age, but most likely is also machine manufactured. Not sure about dating the 'peoples republic of China' as I don't know if or when it may have been changed to just 'made in China'. Will wait for others weigh in on this too.

harriettdemas

• View Profile
    • Fire Boat
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 07:30:40 am »
I would have to agree with Sapphire on this....
Metalite Marine Fire-Master fire boat - a reliable and durable fire-fighting machine!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 10:22:29 am »
I agree that the tablecloths are pretty recent !!  The top one is very similar to one my mother bought in the 60`s !!  "Made in the peoples republic of china" was only used for a short time from about 1970 to 1978 !!  As trade restrictions lessened with China after that it went back to "Made In China " The change was done to separate Taiwanese imports from "Red China" !!