Author Topic: "Real" Wedgwood bowl  (Read 3306 times)

fritzysinger

• View Profile
"Real" Wedgwood bowl
« on: September 09, 2004, 06:34:10 am »
Someone responded to my inquiry about Hull, Roseville & Wedgwood and said that the "real" Wedgwoods didn't have the e after the g.  Mine doesn't so does that mean it's real and if so how do I identify this piece and it's value?

kerrybee

• View Profile
"Real" Wedgwood bowl
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 02:50:53 pm »
Yes, it seems you have a genuinely old piece from the "other" Wedgwood from England - Wedgwood & Co. -

http://www.thepotteries.org/mark/w/wedgwoodandco.html

I think you'll find your mark on this page -

If you want to find out all about W ----d, go to the home page on that site, and type in Wedgwood - you'll get a history, marks, and references to the imitators who had the "E" - and yes, some of those items are "genuinely old".    Lots of collectors want the Josiah Wedgwood pieces - but your's has a collectible value too.  Run your google or MSN search as --  wedgwood and co --  you'll find sites with pieces like or similar to yours - one of my favorites is www.kaleden.com - go to pottery/porcelain and refine search as wedgwood - it will bring up pieces made by any of the British companies - I hope you find yours - post back if I can help your search -    KB    ;)  

Guest_Fritzysinger

"Real" Wedgwood bowl
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 10:15:17 pm »
Thank you very much for your information.  I am sure it will be very helpful and I will take advantage of your offer for more help if I hit a snag in identifying my piece.  Thanks again!

Fritzsinger

"Real" Wedgwood bowl
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 10:24:30 pm »
I went to that link that you included in your response and I did find my mark.  I haven't gotten any further though.  I will be trying to find the value of this piece now that I have identified it.  Thanks!