Author Topic: fireplace kit  (Read 2654 times)

Bowtieguy22

• View Profile
fireplace kit
« on: February 06, 2012, 07:00:33 pm »
Hi, I was in my aunts garage and found this fireplace kit. I was wondering if it had any value, or any history to it. There seem to be no markings on it but it is very heavy and seems to be made of brass. Any information would be appreciated.

Bowtieguy22

• View Profile
Re: fireplace kit
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 07:02:40 pm »
another pic

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 07:18:44 pm »
Have you looked at the bottom of the andirons for a mark or number ??  It looks to be a newer set,,1950 or after but pretty high quality from what I can see !! The sets like this sell well on ebay !!

Bowtieguy22

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 08:17:05 pm »
says 118 L1, and 118 L2 on the black legs.

Bowtieguy22

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 10:51:52 am »
Do the markings have any significance? Do you think Ebay, craigslist et. al. are the best mediums to sell through?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 07:57:37 pm »
Go to ebay and look around at some that are listed there !!  Last time I looked,, earlier this winter,, they were doing very well !! Going into spring might not be as high now !!

Bowtieguy22

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 09:17:19 pm »
Haha, I just posted it on eBay, however I have never sold anything on there and don't think I did it right. I think I asked too much for shipping but wasn't sure. There seem to be lots of them on there for decent money, I think the buy it now price is low but the shipping may be high. We shall see though.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 09:55:48 am »
Well,, shipping will go by weight !! Post the link here and  I will look at it !! Do you know how much it weighs ??

Bowtieguy22

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 11:04:41 am »
I am guessing around 35 pounds, I'll post the link asap, I have class in a few minutes though

Bowtieguy22

• View Profile

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 07:00:31 pm »
Not a bad listing and a pretty good description !! I am guessing the shipping might be a bit high !! But if you have a bathroom scale you can weigh on it a likely get close !!  I don`t figure my shipping,, If you click on calculate when you list an item in the shipping section, all you have to put in is the approx box size and the weight and it is calculated for you !! Easier that way !!  I would try and take some better pics without that carpet behind the set !! It will show better with a plain background !! Remember they will bid on what they can see !!  One more thing since you have not listed before you might not want to use paypal yet !! Sometimes they will hold funds till your feedback reaches a certain number !! I would do small stuff and get a good feedback base before selling higher priced items !!  Kinda depends on how fast you want your money !! Of course if you can`t get it,, you can`t spend it,,its like a savings account !!

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 02:09:54 am »
Try taking pictures of it outside. That trick really did wonders for my listings. Since my house is a prime example of lighting from hell, outdoor pictures always come out better for me on my listings.
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 11:17:04 am »
Your house and mine R&RR !!