Author Topic: Looking for advice!  (Read 1154 times)

hbjhbj

• View Profile
Looking for advice!
« on: February 09, 2012, 01:59:42 pm »
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know anything helpful about these items?  What they are?  How much they might be worth, etc?

Library steps

Desk

Highboy (just the top part visible - with the base it's actually about 6' tall)

Thanks for any info you may have!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: Looking for advice!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 02:37:29 pm »
Can you post some construction photos showing the backs, undersides and drawer sides, plus up close shots of any hardware used in holding them together? It is hard to tell anything much from an overall photo. (Love the steps!)
Antiqueaholic in recovery

hbjhbj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 03:30:32 pm »
Can you post some construction photos showing the backs, undersides and drawer sides, plus up close shots of any hardware used in holding them together? It is hard to tell anything much from an overall photo. (Love the steps!)

Hi Tales,

I wish I could.  But someone emailed these pictures and these are the only ones I can get.  Sorry about that. :(

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 06:43:50 pm »
To give even an approx. value we need more that these pics !!  The highboy has what appears to be chippendale style hardware but it could be an old piece or newer,, no way to tell !!  We can not look at a piece of furniture especially just the front and give a reasonable guess as to its value !! We need any history you may have about where it came from,,construction details and pics ,, pics of entire front including the feet and the back !!  With these we may be able to tell if its a period piece and worth big bucks or a more modern repro !!
Perhaps your friend can take the pics and post them here !! I get the feeling they are older but I would like to know for sure !!  Good period furniture can be quite valuable !!