Author Topic: PayPal-like service at B of A  (Read 2958 times)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
PayPal-like service at B of A
« on: February 13, 2012, 01:21:58 pm »
This is interesting- Bank of America is going to be offering a PayPal-like service that for a fee, will allow you to send a payment to another person via their email address. It will be interesting to see what happens to PayPal if all the banks start trying to get a piece of their action and if people will feel safer using their own bank services rather than those of PayPal.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
Re: PayPal-like service at B of A
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 01:32:38 pm »
It's a good idea. One of the only reasons that I use PayPal is because eBay requires it. It would be nice to have other options as well.
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

CuriousCollector

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 07:00:59 pm »
I won't ever, EVER, put a dime of money anywhere near Bank of America.  I'm sure many feel similarly -- their reputation is toast.

But yeah, if my own bank offered something similar, I might move my business from Paypal, if the fees were the same or lower.

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 03:40:00 pm »
We keep telling ourselves to switch from B of A but for some reason we keep putting it off. Probably because we have so many different places that deposit money into it that we're scared of screwing everything up. Best place we have ever had the pleasure of doing business with: BECU (Boeing Employees Credit Union). They are AWESOME! Worst bank we have ever had the misfortune of surviving with: Wells Fargo. Absolutely terrible, terrible place. Oh, the horror stories. I can't wait to be away from them. But to comment on the thread, it may catch on with others but I've never really had a problem with paypal yet so I don't know if I would use anything else.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 11:10:03 pm »
   yea on BECU, personnally the credit unions are far better then the big corp banking.