Author Topic: Noritake N837  (Read 1335 times)

Lumbeediva

• View Profile
Noritake N837
« on: February 17, 2012, 02:09:15 pm »
I contacted Replacements.com to find a couple missing saucers to my set. They do not have it and have never had or seen it except for the photo in the book and the photo that i sent to them. They said it was from 1921 and that it was pattern N837 and very hard to find....(basically Ill be lucky if I ever see it again)
I have almost a complete tea service for 8 but the lady from replacements couldnt really tell me which pieces were made in the pattern..
I guess now i am wondering if it is even real or if it is a fake set? It has the back stamp of the "M" in the wreath and it says Made in Japan. It does not say that is is hand painted.
It has a Gold Encrusted Bird with a white blossom over a blue lustre body with gold rims and handles..
Ive got atleast 20 pieces to this set...
Does anyone have the noritake value book and can look this up for me please? Thank you :)

Here is the page on replacements.com for my pattern...

http://replacements.com/webquote/N__N837.htm

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Noritake N837
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 03:11:37 pm »
Nice  set!!   No you do not have a fake set it is the real thing (if it was faked & sold you would be able to find more pieces) I have searched and come up empty not in any of my books could not find any on line with a quick search. Will keep an eye out but lets see if someone else has more info :)   

Lumbeediva

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 03:31:43 pm »
Thank you! I found it at an estate auction and won the bid at a whopping $55! :) I just thought it was pretty and I liked how it sparkled. I had a feeling that auction would be good since the regulars werent there that day lol..
Just wish I could complete my set. I also googled it and the ONLY info i could find were 2 other people that had the same set and replacements.com's listing of it.
Were in the military and we move a lot so Im really trying to get an appraisal done incase it breaks during our move, or atleast trying to find out if its worth enough to drive 2 hours to have it appraised. 

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 11:44:50 am »
Try searching under Noritake Luster, or Noritake Blue luster. Most sellers will not know what to call it and will go by the best they can come up with. Try Google Images under Noritake Blue or the searches above. Allow yourself a couple hours. Cups usually get broken before saucers so you should have some luck. Keep trying every week or so. Diligence will pay off.   

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 12:48:46 pm »
Where is the number on your set !! Need to see the bottom of your piece showing the number !! If  all else fails you can call the Noritake Factory Store toll free at 1-888-822-5397 !!