Author Topic: Antique Electromaster Kitchen Stove - 1940s I think?  (Read 4148 times)

btcomp

• View Profile
Antique Electromaster Kitchen Stove - 1940s I think?
« on: February 23, 2012, 02:41:22 pm »
I just joined this forum, and have an antique stove. It's at my late dad's place and the auctioneer that took some antique tables didn't take. But it is fairly light and I think I will be able to sell it. I have to be out of the house in a month!

It's an Electromaster kitchen stove, and has been in the home since my late uncle and late grandmother bought the home in 1946. I am not sure it is from the 1940s but I'm guessing it is. I am not sure what it is worth, but I'm thinking it could be anywhere from 100 to 200 dollars, but I really don't have a clue.

And it does work!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Antique Electromaster Kitchen Stove - 1940s I think?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 06:57:30 pm »
I would recommend if you could get $100 for it...be happy!!!  More reasonable $50 - $75 if working.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 07:20:35 pm »
Would be perfect for a small cabin !! Like a hunting camp !!  I think with a little clean up you could get $100. I think its 40`s too !! Just remember when you advertise it,, give people a few examples that it could be used for !! Efficiency apartment, hunting camp, or back yard fish cooker !! Ect !!

btcomp

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 07:34:30 pm »
Thanks KC and Mart,

Well you two were here in the nick of time. I just posted it with your suggestions on Craigslist, for 150 dollars or best offer. So I will see what happens. Let me know if you want to see the ad.

I copied the hunting and efficiency from your post too Mart. I posted two pictures of my grandmother cooking dinner and a turkey from the early 50s. I removed the logo picture because I do need to try and clean it better. My wife has a special soft sponge she said I can use. I don't have a lot of time before I have to vacate the home.

By the way, I may post some other things that may be antiques. I have one that I am going to put in the basement and shine up. The auctioneer said it could be valuable, though it is missing a piece or two. I don't know. But let me clean it up first.  :)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 10:59:16 am »
I would love to see the ad !! Please do post whatever you need info on !! We are here to help !!  $150. is a good start price !!  Gives you some wiggle room to come down a bit if necessary to make a sale !!

btcomp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 11:21:22 am »
Here's the ad Mart, http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/atq/2867613059.html.

I lady called me an hour ago and wants to see it. I talked to her on the phone and asked her if she was interested in it, was she bringing a truck so that she could take possession if she wants it. She is bringing another lady, and says they are quite capable, with my help in getting it on their truck. She wasn't concerned about whether it worked or not and said she would have an antique restorer check wiring, cleaning etc.

I will go early with my vacuum and rags and at least try to give it a going over once.   :)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 12:15:05 pm »
Nice!  Thanks for sharing.  Hoping you get a great sale.  Love the family touch to it!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

btcomp

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 08:32:51 pm »
I mentioned on another thread, but thanks to this forum, I sold the antique stove, 120 dollars. The lady offered 100 after pointing out a chipped part, and I came back at 120 dollars and she immediately said yes.  8)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 10:46:31 am »
Excellent !!  You are turning into one of us !! LOL