Author Topic: 1960`s school bell timer  (Read 1747 times)

bobmaf

• View Profile

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: 1960`s school bell timer
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 10:22:55 am »
If I'm not mistaken, that looks like the company name written right on it. Edcumbe Peebles Ltd. and with a quick search on Google, it looks like they made different electrical devices in the 1960's.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:25:44 am by talesofthesevenseas »
Antiqueaholic in recovery

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 02:53:55 pm »
Not sure Tales but since Bob is in his name here and it is also on his ebay name,,,I think he was directing us there to hopefully buy this thing !!

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 07:10:24 pm »
Maybe so , mart ; in these days of semi-instant o/l research , I've seen more than a few auctioneers & potential bidders @ auctions busily punching @ keyboards for info on items , though .

This (through my eyes) 'auction house' behavior is more like a modern version of not-so-much-older behavior of using (non-web) cell phones & auction-house phones/phone-banks to solicit further info on items that may be unknown to the buyer .

I've seen great buys go way 'south' due to this , in recent times (overbidding on values) since the mid-80's or so .... when you had to haul around a brick something the size of a car battery to have a 'portable' phone .

& I don't think you're mistaken , talesof !  ::) ::) ::)
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 08:04:14 pm »
 True Fancy but with the name in plain view, and with Bob in both names,,and he hasn`t been back here to get whatever info we may have given,, I just feel like he wanted us to take a look at his merchandise with the hope that we would bid !!  Would have been much faster to google it himself !!  Its pretty common with some ebay sellers to do this !!

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 10:54:46 am »
I agree fully , mart .

My first post was intended to be somewhere between 'forgiving' & 'tongue-in-cheek' .

:)
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 11:02:10 am »
Aw Shucks Fancy !! I was sure you were ribbing me a bit !! LOL

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 02:46:39 pm »
At the same time...Bob might have needed more information on his item...because he put that he doesn't have any background information on the item.

Also agree that if he hasn't been back he might have been baiting.  We have seen that happen many times on here over the years!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!