Author Topic: leather top end table value/maker  (Read 2908 times)

mustang86driver

• View Profile
leather top end table value/maker
« on: February 26, 2012, 03:48:00 pm »
hi guys and gals. my mother has asked me to get rid of her old end tables for her. i have the set with both of them. both sides of the table open like the left one in the pic. as you can see there are a cpl broken spots and some stains in the leather. i was just wondering if anyone has an idea on what i can get for the set? and also how old they may be? thanks for any replies!

mart

• View Profile
Re: leather top end table value/maker
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 05:58:42 pm »
Can you take a closer pic of the front of the table ?? Get down level with it rather than from above please !! Also a pic of the underside would help !! Are there just two tables ??  Look like Sheraton drop leaf tables !!  Where did your mother get them ??

mustang86driver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 06:07:05 pm »
i believe they had belonged to her aunt at one point. i will post the other pics in a few minutes.

mustang86driver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 06:24:16 pm »
here they are

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 06:48:00 pm »
Is that drawer front figured wood ?? Is that veneer that is missing on the front edge ?? What other damage does it have !! Underside seems to have some age to the wood but pic is very dark !! Other one has a glare from the flash I think !!

mustang86driver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 06:59:03 pm »
front is wood and yea there are a few pieces that have peeled there. all the missing pieces are visible in the new front pic. second table has no missing pieces like that.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 07:55:43 pm »
That style number helps to date these tables to the mid 1900`s !!  Could be a bit earlier but I don`t think so !!  Many companies reproduced these and finding the maker would be time consuming !! You might check the Kittinger Company for that style number but that would be a crap shoot !!  As far as value,, with the damage, and depending on your location,,maybe $100. for both !!  Would be slightly more if in excellent condition !! That being said,, you may still have to come down with the economy the way it is to make a sale !!

mustang86driver

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 08:17:16 pm »
well i was hoping for better news then that, but thank you for the info. do you think it would be a better choice to have the one in bad shape repaired? or would it cost more to repair then the value would raise?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 10:58:45 am »
I personally think it would cost more to make the repairs on the veneer that you would make !!  But get a few other opinions from our members before you decide !! I only know what they would sell for in my area (Texas) !! Other members may see something I do not !! 

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 02:48:06 pm »
I am also in Texas area and these, with damage, would sell for $50 on a good day.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 02:58:31 pm »
Would that be each or both KC ?? You are closer to a metro area than I am !!  Here in the boonies I would say $80 to $100 for both !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 05:04:31 pm »
For both.  Market has gotten tighter...especiall y on items that need work done on them.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mustang86driver

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 05:46:15 pm »
Well I'm thinking that the economy is better here in central Florida as I sold a really old dresser that needed work as well for $30 a couple days ago. At least I hope so anyways.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 05:51:50 pm »
Different areas will sell differently and that would depend on what the work was that it needed !! What type of dresser was it ??

mustang86driver

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 08:47:33 pm »
mainly just needed sanding and painting, but also needed a couple handles and there was a small chunk out of the back corner that i dont have a pic of.