Author Topic: Antique Lamp. HELP!  (Read 2089 times)

powerdbygarrett

• View Profile
Antique Lamp. HELP!
« on: March 02, 2012, 04:40:09 pm »
I have had this lamp hanging in the dinning room for about 8 years now. Lately I have been interested in it's origin. I could not find anything about it online due to not being able to find any markings on the lamp itself. I have looked all over, i think.

I once got close to learning more about it, I was recently visiting some family in California and walking by a house saw the same exact lamp hanging in the dinning room, unfortunately no one was home. It was interesting to me because I live on the East coast.

Any help I could get would be great.

Thanks

mart

• View Profile
Re: Antique Lamp. HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 05:56:22 pm »
Looks like late 50`s or 60`s vintage !! Transferware on glass, newer metal !!  Your ceilings must be very high for that much chain !! Nice medallion !!  You picked the perfect room to hang it as these were popular over a dining table of that era !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 01:15:08 pm »
Right Mart, and these continued in right through the 70s and early 80s. Quoizel was the undisputed king of this type of lamp/fixture. They would be made in families of several sizes of table lamps, single fixtures, Multi arm fixtures and wall brackets and many others. This is not a Quoizel pattern from what I remember. It may have been made by Pitlow. I sold these when they were new in a showroom in Paramus NJ that is still there under a different name. I still have a table lamp from when I worked their in the Quoizel blue Abigail Adams pattern.  I may have just blown my screen name cover with TMI.  When things I sold as brand new, in the box, turn up on antique forums that says what?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 01:18:28 pm »
TMI ?????

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 02:16:10 pm »
There are not too many antique geeks in NJ that worked in lighting too. I was in both businesses simultaneously for thirty plus years. I am sure someone will figure out who I am if they come here. 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 02:40:50 pm »
NJ is too far from Texas !! I will hang out here !! Thanks !!  You must mean those are your initials ??

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 06:34:48 pm »
TMI = Too Much Information. YKM?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 04:49:38 am »
OK Frogpatch !!  You got me !!  I give up !!! LOL