Author Topic: Very nice and big wooden trunk lamp  (Read 1369 times)

gerspee

• View Profile
Very nice and big wooden trunk lamp
« on: March 06, 2012, 08:09:13 am »
Just found this very nice wooden trunk lamp . Height 75 centimeters . Must be one off a kind . Who has any idea who or where made and when ?  thanks Ger

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Very nice and big wooden trunk lamp
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 09:23:48 am »
   Looks like a really cool Folk art Piece of the late century.  If so to find the maker could be near impossible, I can't see to close from the pic, but if so looking close at it can tell you sometimes the ability of the artist, That is to say someone who made 100's of their craft,  ( which can lead to a clue ), or someone who did a weekend project, which one would not be able to find the true maker or cir.

Andrew8100

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 05:49:38 am »
   Looks like a really cool Folk art Piece of the late century.  If so to find the maker could be near impossible, I can't see to close from the pic, but if so looking close at it can tell you sometimes the ability of the artist, That is to say someone who made 100's of their craft,  ( which can lead to a clue ), or someone who did a weekend project, which one would not be able to find the true maker or cir.
I'm totally agree with you man...you'r 100% good that looks like a really cool Folk art Piece of the late century.That is to say someone who made 100's of their craft.Thanks for taking this opportunity to discuss this.

gerspee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 10:07:09 am »
Thamk you both for the response on the lamp . Still not sure where it could be made so what wood do think it is made off ? Is teak or elm or a other wood ?  Had a look at the lichtbulbs and ther where made in Austria by Philips .