Author Topic: Help me to identify the mark of this set of porcelain limoges  (Read 1606 times)

micaela

• View Profile
Hi Again, I need identify the mark of this set of porcelain limoges. the stamp say PORCELAIN DE LIMOGES PV FRANCE.
 I take this set and consist in 1944 pieces.

Kind regards
Micaela

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 10:51:32 am by micaela »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Help me to identify the mark of this set of porcelain limoges
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 08:35:05 pm »
Youy pics are too big for me to see them all !! Your set I think was made by Parry & Vieille, They used the PV initials !! They are a large producer of the Limoges porcelain and also the decorators !! Some companies purchase the stock then only do the decoration and firing !! This company does it all !! Your set looks to me like a 1970`s style but can`t say for sure !!

micaela

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 10:24:44 am »
I add photos more small. Any idea of the value of this set.
The decoration is gold? Any idea of the pattern?
Micaela

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 11:17:41 am »
Unless someone here is familiar with the hundreds of Limoges patterns you next step in finding out the pattern and possibly get an idea of individual piece values would be to visit replacements.com.

Here is the section for French Limoges, you would need to check pattern by pattern to compare pictures/descriptions. Many will have some prices for some pieces.  There are several pages to go through, so it's quite a bit of work.

http://www.replacements.com/china/LIM.htm

Myself, I had Limoges Bridal Wreath with complete settings for 24 plus double of all the serving dishes, etc. I can't even remember how many pieces this consisted of but between half sold to a distant relative and the other half to an antique dealer I realized about $800 (needless to say the dealer offered much less than the relative who loved the pattern).

This is a set of the same pattern I owned, 96 pieces sold for $400

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/4922748

micaela

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 05:47:24 pm »
I dont possible found the pattern.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 09:17:33 am »
You could look for a year and not find the pattern !! If you need a resale value just find something of similar look and time frame !! Few of the patterns like yours,, which is a simple pattern,, are rare or valuable at more than current sale price of comparable items !! Since you have so many pieces,, divide it into sets of six or eight place settings and you might have more luck selling !!