Author Topic: Mason's Vista in pink  (Read 1837 times)

warmgreetings

• View Profile
Mason's Vista in pink
« on: September 22, 2004, 07:24:04 pm »
My grandparents have set of Mason's Vista dishes in pink.  They originally belonged to my great aunt, and my grandparents have used them as their everyday dishes for lets say 50 years.  They have only been handwashed, but they have their share of chips and dings along with dark colored crazing on most of the pieces.  It is however, a rather large and complete set--12 places with some serving pieces.  I need to know an approximate value to purchase them from the estate.

Any estimates or places to go for more information would be great.
Thanks.

kerrybee

• View Profile
Mason's Vista in pink
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 03:01:08 pm »
best site for pics, pieces, & prices:

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/MASVISP.htm

Prices are high replacement retail - and condition counts - a lot - when I direct folks to this site, I always say that to sell your set, reduce prices shown by 1/3 to 1/2. And that's for good condition pieces.   And usually say, that is not "written in stone".  For chip pieces, probably use yard sale prices, perhaps as little as $1 or $2 per chipped/cracked/badly crazed piece.  Yet a large covered veggie dish/soup tureen, with a chip that can't be seen with the lid on, I would deduct about 1/2 to 3/4.  Hope this works for you.   KB