Author Topic: Antique File Card Cabinet Question  (Read 1572 times)

bradystrib

• View Profile
Antique File Card Cabinet Question
« on: March 14, 2012, 04:47:46 pm »
Hello all! I just inherited a what I think is an antique filing cabinet for file cards.  There are a few old cards and separators and business cards in it. There is a faint manufacturer logo that I can't make out. I was hoping maybe someone would be able to help me identify the logo and give me a going price of what the piece would be worth. Here are some pictures!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Antique File Card Cabinet Question
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 05:15:06 pm »
That would most likely date from the early 20th century. That is a nice one and the oak and brass will clean  up very nicely. I would put a retail value on it of around 100.00, give or take. Those are great in the kitchen for holding spice jars, recipes or for many other uses. I saw one with fishing weights sorted in it.

bradystrib

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 05:20:09 pm »
That would most likely date from the early 20th century. That is a nice one and the oak and brass will clean  up very nicely. I would put a retail value on it of around 100.00, give or take. Those are great in the kitchen for holding spice jars, recipes or for many other uses. I saw one with fishing weights sorted in it.
Oh wow, thank you so much for the quick reply and assessment! Highly appreciated frogpatch! Thank you!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 05:25:53 pm »
frogpatch is FAST!   ;)

I believe this may be a precursor to yours. Appears to have wooden back stops where yours are metal.  Keep in mind this is their 'asking' price for an earlier model.

http://www.bargainjohn.com/w035cFileCabinet.htm

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 05:29:09 pm »
Another here that I think may be yours .......is there a name "Utility" or similar, top center??

No interior shots but looks to be the same model (?) name and drawer front joins ..........

Sold for $81

http://www.antiquesnavigator.com/d-570607/antique-4-drawer-oak-dovetailed-post-card-file-cabinet.html

bradystrib

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 05:30:51 pm »
Wow you are good! It does indeed say utility (at least i believe that is what it says, it's semi faded)! Thank you so much for your research and quick response! Wow, what a great community!
Another here that I think may be yours .......is there a name "Utility" or similar, top center??

No interior shots but looks to be the same model (?) name and drawer front joins ..........

Sold for $81

http://www.antiquesnavigator.com/d-570607/antique-4-drawer-oak-dovetailed-post-card-file-cabinet.html

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 05:31:47 pm »
That's most of the fun here  ;)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 05:40:05 pm »
Sapphire you beat me back !! On the same site that she gave one of the manufacturers was Weis !! I saw that yours started with a W,, does the name look similar to that ??