Author Topic: Strange Red,green,yellow Glass bowl-very heavy! Help who made it?  (Read 1802 times)

kathyp1039

• View Profile
Well I was looking for something the other day in the cupboard and i see this. Its very heavy and I can honestly say never saw anything like it. Any clue who the maker is and any value-how old? Thanks again for the wonderful help on here!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Strange Red,green,yellow Glass bowl-very heavy! Help who made it?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 07:58:12 am »
Looks like 60`s or 70`s art glass !! I have seen similar but have no idea of the maker and can`t remember what they called it !!  Good piece though !!

kathyp1039

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 08:05:31 am »
Do you think it could be Chalet glass? Someone on the ebay discussion board mentioned that name

kathyp1039

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 04:54:55 pm »
Here are some better pictures of it-anyone have any clue who the maker is? Still waiting on a lady to get back to me if its a Murano or not-any guesses?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 08:26:24 pm »
My parents have one, same design, solid green. From late 60's to early 70's time frame.

Have no earthly idea who made it, etc.  But know they didn't spend lotsa' $$$ on the dish that sat on the sofa table that all the kids could possibly break!!  LOL

I am partial to this style!!!!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 09:40:06 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

adam82376

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 08:33:25 pm »
I like this piece 2 thumbs up!!!!!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 06:13:08 am »
Yes I would attribute your piece to one of two companies   Chalet glass The company was  formed in 1962 or 1963 and  moved to Cornwall, Ontario where Italian glassblowers manufactured stemware and colored art glass.  Some Chalet pieces are unmarked or have foil labels.  Or Lorraine Glass Industries in Canada operated from 1962 to 1974 in Montreal by glassblowers who came from the glass center of Murano, Italy. The colored art glass items are very similar to Chalet glass and also marked with foil labels.  I would search records for  these two companies pieces on line or at your local library. You will not find one to exactly like your piece as they were hand blown but will find color and form to match.

kathyp1039

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 09:11:01 am »
I actually found a Chalet glass forum and they said no its not Chalet-but I gotta say it sure is nice. And the people on Ebay are torn whether is Murano or not. And yes its definately from the late 60's-but my moms memory on stuff like this is bad she just can't remember where it came from,lol.