Author Topic: Can someone help me value this lamp?  (Read 1116 times)

Roxxum

• View Profile
Can someone help me value this lamp?
« on: March 15, 2012, 05:01:39 pm »
Hi guys,

My Grandmother gave me this lamp a little while back and she said that it belonged to her mother. I don't know anything about it besides the fact that it's an oil finger lamp. My grandmother didn't know much about it either.

Could one of you offer a little information on it or guess it's value?

Thank you so much.  :)

Also, this is my first post on the forum. I've attached a picture through the additional options tab. I hope it works.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Can someone help me value this lamp?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 05:26:43 pm »
Its a bedroom lamp or boudoir lamp !! For keeping at bedside at night !!  Tales and Frogpatch earlier types with their Chambersticks which is similar but used with a candle !! Look in the projects thread for hers !! Yours is probably late 1800`s or early 1900`s !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 10:41:33 am »
It is a EAPG - Early American Pressed Glass kerosene lamp.  Look on the bottom and see if there is an imprint of a company on it.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 11:11:03 am »
I bet it is not marked !! Pretty generic plain glass !!

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 11:57:17 am »
Generally, these type of fonts were used with wall brackets and a reflector. When you went to the bedroom, you used the font to light the way. The next morning you probably washed the chimney, trimmed the wick and refilled the lamp with kerosene.
The finger lamps with a fill cap are more desirable than those without. I used to get around $25 - 35 for similar lamps.