Author Topic: CEDAR CHEST  (Read 4722 times)

lcowan

• View Profile
CEDAR CHEST
« on: September 24, 2004, 12:09:34 pm »
I own a large aromatic red cedar chest labeled inside "Federal Equipment Co., Carlisle, PA"  I've tried to research the company, but it appears to be out of business.  I found a posting of a bag of cedar chips for sale, marked from the same company, with the additional comment "makers of cedar chests of quality".  Another item, regarding a family in the area, noted that one of its members was employed there in 1946.  Does anyone know anything else about the company?  I've had the chest for 20 years, purchased at a second hand store in Massachusetts.  It's very large, over four feet long, very sturdy, has a complex half-inch inlay near the edge of the lid, and copper hinges.  Thanks.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
CEDAR CHEST
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 07:27:27 am »
average value would be $250.00 dollars.

B.Vagell

CEDAR CHEST
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 09:05:59 pm »
I too have a cedar chest made by Federal Equip. Co.,Carlisle,Pa. Model name "Fed L Quip".I have not been able to find one scrap of info on this cedar chest that was my grandmothers.It has raised wooden handles on each side,and copper straps with rivets on them on the top and front side only.If you get anymore info please keep me posted ,if you would be so kind.My e-mail address is "vagellj@yahoo.com" Thanks and good luck in your search.