Author Topic: Howard Kron 1950's Deer TV/night light  (Read 1186 times)

cftiam2012

• View Profile
Howard Kron 1950's Deer TV/night light
« on: March 27, 2012, 06:33:06 pm »
Hello - New member here with a question of potential worth of my Kron deer nightlight.  If not familiar, it's of an adult female deer and her young and is pictured in the Texans Inc. catalog directly under the famous panther lamp on their website.

I've had mine since I was a kid - it has had a repair that is completely unnoticeable - is signed by Kron and stamped on the bottom of the felt type pad w/Texans Inc. and works beautifully. 

In the catalog, it said there was a gold trim on them at the base, which mine never has had.  Was simply curious as to rarity and worth - anyone have any info on this for me?

Thanks Everyone!
cft

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Howard Kron 1950's Deer TV/night light
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 06:43:53 pm »
I see a code for the value on this site but I could not decode it.

http://www.tvlamps.net/kron_lamps.html

cftiam2012

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 07:52:33 pm »
Thank you for responding and for the link.  3 out of 5 stars for value and rarity - whatever that means.
Mine never has had the gold trim and mine is a distinctly darker color beige - so not an exact match to the one pictured.

Thanks again, cft

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 07:55:57 am »
The difference in color could be the result of changing paint batches when made !! Beige is a mixture of several colors and a small amount of color change will cause a slightly different result when fired !!  This is not unusual and would not mean that it is rare, Neither would the lack of gold or any other color !! These were painted by individuals and are not always consistant !!