Author Topic: Westinghouse Nite Lite 1w  (Read 971 times)

Ron

• View Profile
Westinghouse Nite Lite 1w
« on: March 29, 2012, 12:12:02 am »
Since I was about 6 years old, 60 years ago now, I have had this Westinghouse Nite Lite 1W.  It was used by Mom in my bedroom when I was little. It shed just enough light to keep the room from total darkness.  Mom is now 97 and I have kept this light all these years and only use it once each year on the night of my birthday---I am nostalgic that way.  I have tried to find a similar one on the internet to give me a year/s that this was produced but could not find a website or forum that had an answer. Its value in dollars is not as important to me as is the information regarding the years it was manufactured and sold. I do not plan to sell it, as it has become for me an heirloom. I have attached some pictures in hopes that someone can provide additional Info.
Regards, Ron  
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 07:09:56 am by Ron »

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Westinghouse Nite Lite 1w
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 12:43:10 pm »
That is a plug in bakelite lampholder or socket. They have been made since the 1930s  and are still being made today by Eagle and Leviton. The bulb looks more like a 7.5 watt S11 rather than a 1 watt. Westinghouse probably made that in the 1940s or 50s. It is hard to tell. If there is a UL listing on it you could look it up on the website for Underwriters Labs by the "E" number.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 01:03:40 pm »
Havent found anything yet !!  If I remember correctly we had one like that back when I was a kid in the 50`s !!  It was in the hallway so my brother and I could find our way to the bathroom !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 01:22:11 pm »
I like that radio in the picture. Mart, whats the matter you don't believe me? I can show you a picture of one for sale from Satco today. They have not changed in at least 80 years and they are still made out of bakelite