Author Topic: Help identify tiger oak DR set  (Read 1470 times)

Diddysue

• View Profile
Help identify tiger oak DR set
« on: April 01, 2012, 10:42:53 am »
Please help me identify this Quarter Sawn / Tiger Oak Dining room set.  I would like to know about when it was made and if it is French Tudor.  Thanks
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:50:43 am by Diddysue »

dr612

• View Profile
Re: Help identify tiger oak DR set
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 12:20:05 pm »
The chair looks like it has a Queen Anne splat and crest with Jacobean front legs.  This mixture of styles would lead me to believe that it would probably be reproduction early 20th century.  If you could take pictures of the underneath of the chair seat and the dovetails of the drawers (where the boards join), that would give us more information.  It does not particularly look French to me, however.  Are there any labels or identifying marks anywhere?

Diddysue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 01:32:24 pm »
Thanks for the info., I will try to get some additional photo's soon. So are you thinking English Tudor?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 02:37:26 pm »
I agree with dr612,, this blending of styles was common during the revival periods of 1900`s !! I see no French influence !! I would say more than likely English !!  Nice set though !! I love the oak pieces !!

Diddysue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 07:27:37 am »
Thanks Mart, I really appreciate the information! I love this dininig room suite so I guess the details shouldn't really matter :-)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 09:46:36 am »
Right !! Details do not matter one way or another !!  There were so many styles being made during that period its almost impossible to say that its one or another !! Blending was common so for simplicity just pick the majority of attributes and go with that !!  English Tudor covers a broad range so it sounds good to me !!