Author Topic: Some Cool Looking Vintage 60's Movie Posters - Any value or information?  (Read 2407 times)

mygrandmasattic

• View Profile
Hello again!  I've picked up some neat vintage movie posters at a local auction.  They appear authentic as there is wear that is consistent with other posters I have seen online.  They are framed and have some condition issues as noted in the pictures.  I am by no means an expert in movie posters and would like any information, education and evaluation that I can get :)  Regardless of value I love these and think they are a good buy.  After research online I was unable to find these exact posters and came across a plethora of reproductions.  Feel free to ask any questions!

1.  "Bop Girl" - Copyright 1957 - United Artists Corporation - Country of Origin USA - 57 / 412
"Property of National Screen Service Corp.  Licensed for display only in connection with the exhibition of this picture at your theatre.  Must be returned immediately thereafter

2. "Wild Wild Winter" - Technicolor - Copyright 1966 by Universal Pictures - Country of Origin USA Printed in USA - 66 / 19
"Property of National Screen Service Corp.  Licensed for display only in connection with the exhibition of this picture at your theatre.  Must be returned immediately thereafter"

3.  "Teenage Millionaire" - Copyright 1961  - United Artists Corporation - Printed in USA - 61 / 282
"Property of National Screen Service Corp.  Licensed for display only in connection with the exhibition of this picture at your theatre.  Must be returned immediately thereafter"

THANK YOU EVERYONE!! :D

mart

• View Profile
I haven`t even looked at all yet,,  But I will say I already recognize some of the artists !! But I am tired tonight and will finish this tomorrow !! More than likely B releases but still neat to have !!  Bad thing is remembering the old ones like I do !! LOL

mart

• View Profile
Love that last one !!  Jimmy Clanton was my heart throb back then !!  These are B movies that were usually part of a 2 movie matinee on Sat afternoons here !! Usually had one that was a more popular movie and the second was always a B or lesser known film !!  Many of the stars started in B movies !! Like the first pic,, I noticed Nino Tempo as a single,, later he teamed up with April Stevens as a duo, did a song called Deep Purple, and if I remember right it went to top ten in the pop charts !! For any one that likes the Be Bop era ( I do ) they would love these !!  Several singers on that last one were Very well known !!  Chubby Checker,, remember the Twist ???  As far as money,, not a lot I am afraid !!

Rauville

• View Profile
As far as bringing back memories, your posters are working. For me it's Saturday night in 1962, and my 57' Chevy with the radio tuned to KOMA from Oklahoma City...and Jimmy Clanton singing "Venus in Blue Jeans". I would think some old gray haired coot like myself would love to have those to decorate his garage wall with.  ;D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Ditto....and for a little nostalgia...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im9XuJJXylw&feature=related

If original and you can find the right buyers....worth up to $50+ by individuals.  This is a good sight to search and they might bu....They do have originals and repros.  http://www.movieposter.com/q/Teenage+Millionaire_posters.html   http://www.movieposter.com/poster/MPW-49658/Wild_Wild_Winter.html  Bop Girl is the most rare.... of yours   http://www.movieposter.com/poster/MPW-26719/Bop_Girl_Goes_Calypso.html

These posters did what the others said....brought back memories....and that sells!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:43:16 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
As far as bringing back memories, your posters are working. For me it's Saturday night in 1962, and my 57' Chevy with the radio tuned to KOMA from Oklahoma City...and Jimmy Clanton singing "Venus in Blue Jeans". I would think some old gray haired coot like myself would love to have those to decorate his garage wall with.  ;D

57 Chevy ?? What color ?? If you tell me black with white top and trim, I will really be PO`d !!  That was (and still is) my dream car !!  But have you looked at the prices lately !!  I can just dream on,,,, !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Those are great. Typical graphics from the mid 60s. I remember Wild Wild winter. It was one of many such movies that had cameo appearances by recording artists of the day. My wife still has her Dave Clark Five song book. The Beau Brummels only big hit that I remember was Laugh Laugh. My garage band attempted to play it. Jay and the Americans were huge and were still perform today. Jay Black and his phenomanal Cara Mia voice are 73 year old and still sound great. Hang on to those posters. They are really nice.

mygrandmasattic

• View Profile
Thank you all for your replies!  I'm very happy to see all of the excitement and bringing back some memories :D.  Being "B" movies even makes them more interesting for myself.  I wish there was some clear cut way to get a value on these but it seems to me as the type of item that would be priced based on ones personal desire to own it.  They might be something to just hold on to for some years and hang up to enjoy.  If anyone would like to continue to share some input feel free!  Thank you all :)

mart

• View Profile
You are right !!  People like me and all others from that generation would pay more because we remember those days !!  I doubt if you could give them away to young people today !! If so,, they would be used for target practice !!

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz

57 Chevy ?? What color ?? If you tell me black with white top and trim, I will really be PO`d !!  That was (and still is) my dream car !!  But have you looked at the prices lately !!  I can just dream on,,,, !!

It's actually a great time to be buying them right now. A buddy of mine just got a project '55 Nomad for under $10K and it runs. That same car would have gone for $20K before the market tanked. But I see your point, $10K for a car that needs tons of work is still expensive!
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
You are right !!  People like me and all others from that generation would pay more because we remember those days !!  I doubt if you could give them away to young people today !! If so,, they would be used for target practice !!

Not all of us! Really! I may not yet be 30 but I do love me the vintage things!
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...