Author Topic: Dining chairs/table  (Read 1430 times)

npetschen

• View Profile
Dining chairs/table
« on: April 03, 2012, 09:11:56 am »
Hi All!

We have this table/chairs and are now wondering if it is worth anything. They look fairly old, especially the chairs, however, I can not find any kind of markings on them.  Does anyone have any idea if they have any value? Would hate to sell them cheap in a garage sale and find out they were antique or something.

Thanks everyone for you input and help :)

Nicole

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Dining chairs/table
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 11:29:57 am »
From the picture they appear to be from the 1920s or 30s and made of oak. I will leave the value up to another member as ai have not sold furniture like that in many years.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 11:48:17 am »
Chairs look like Jacobean revival and are from about the time Frogpatch said !!  Could be slightly earlier but thats close enough !! I am guessing probably English from the splat but really can`t tell, for sure !!  Table however does not match and is a much later farmstyle table. You would have a better chance of selling if chairs were sold separately !! Table would likely sell before chairs as it would integrate with todays styles easier and might bring $100. in todays market. Chairs are more difficult to sell because they just do not appeal to many now days !! I would say $30. to $40. each !! On a good day !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 05:50:55 pm »
Thanks Mart. I was having a hard time making out the table for some reason. My eyes just did not want to put it into perspective.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 06:19:41 pm »
Hey Frogpatch !!  I call that brain fog !!  Many times I look at something I know well but it just doesn`t connect in my mind !!  I do something else and come back with my fog lights on !!   It works better !!

npetschen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 07:07:41 am »
Thanks for all the help :)