Author Topic: steamer trunk question  (Read 1701 times)

teamertrunk

• View Profile
steamer trunk question
« on: April 03, 2012, 11:56:10 pm »
I just got a trunk that needs a lot of work but I am up for the long hard task. The label says it is a Jacob j schuff. I can't find anything about his trunks and very little about him. It is a large dome top with maps of Europe and Asia with the words written in Italian. I don't have any pictures on my tablet of it but can upload some later if needed our wanted. Does anyone know anything about the value of his trunks.what ever the value I don't care.I am just looking forward to the finished project, I am just a curious person

mart

• View Profile
Re: steamer trunk question
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 09:08:22 am »
Would help if we had pics especially of the name/label !!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 02:10:10 pm »
Definitely very little out there on him.  Found this blurb in the write up of a flat top that was sold.

http://www.eagletrunks.com/steamertrunkdetails/EA001199Details.html

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 02:13:08 pm »
Welcome to the forum! I agree, pics are definitely needed. :)
As far as I know, the maker of trunks this age isn't particularly important when it comes to value. Unless it's a big, well known name or something. Dome top trunks in general aren't worth very much right now, and even less if they need work like you say yours does. I'd say an average-maker trunk that is in need of serious restoration is worth about $50-$75. In good condition, about $200. I'd love to see yours though!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 02:15:04 pm by hosman321 »