Author Topic: Is This Pitcher Old Or New?  (Read 1401 times)

hosman321

• View Profile
Is This Pitcher Old Or New?
« on: April 08, 2012, 03:49:47 am »
Hello everyone! I found this pitcher at The Goodwill a few days ago and I was just wondering if there is any way to tell if it's depression era or if it's new-ish? The glass has lots of tiny little bubbles. The spout has lots of swirls and a little (manufacturing) split in the glass. In the handle, there are a few tiny little unintentional swirls of a rusty color. It's in perfect shape except for that manufacturing split. Does anyone recognize the pattern at all? I have been searching for days and can't find this one! I'd be pretty excited to find an older one but it's ok if it's not. :) Thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 03:52:12 am by hosman321 »

AndisTC

• View Profile
Re: Is This Pitcher Old Or New?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 08:54:04 am »
It looks antique, however, without a maker's touch mark, name or any history, it remains a speculative lot.. Hopefully a glass expert will look at it.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 09:16:04 am »
Shape is 40 or 50ish with a hint of art deco !!  Have you checked Libby glass ??  Wendy may recognize the pattern but it looks like a simple everyday type pitcher !!

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 11:41:23 pm »
It's hard because it is a simple and very common design but there's gotta be a way to tell, doesn't there? I mean, people experienced with glass specifically should have an eye for stuff and be able to give me a couple hints! I checked every kind of glass out there but can't find this specific one. :(