Author Topic: Jackie Kennedy Doll  (Read 2226 times)

iacoffin

• View Profile
Jackie Kennedy Doll
« on: April 09, 2012, 11:09:20 am »
Found this doll in an old trunk. She has porcelain head and hair along with porcelain arms and legs. The rest of her body is stuffed fabric. Her dress is a brocade. She also has faux diamond earrings. I can't find her in any of the usual places. Found lots of others but not her. She doesn't have any markings other than a place on one arm where a sticker might have been. Would like to know her worth and her history if possible.  Thanks

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: Jackie Kennedy Doll
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 02:44:48 pm »
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 05:32:38 pm »
Franklin mint did a lot of these and I think Avon did too !!  Yours is not typical of what I have seen !! Can you remove the dress so we can see how its made ??  If its marked it will likely be on the back plate behind the head !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 08:36:47 pm »
Ditto what Mart said.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 10:37:48 am »
Wow! "Jackie" is in amazingly well-preserved condition. I'm guessing she was wrapped in cotton fabric which protected her dress from the acidity of the trunk. Beautiful!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

iacoffin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 10:43:43 am »
the dress is sewn with no opening to get it off. I pulled it up as far as I could and found no markings. The porcelain head has shoulders but no markings except for a blue sticker that says Jackie Kennedy. I have included two more pictures.

Thanks so much for your help. Iris

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 12:50:52 pm »
You might also want to post your photos here: http://forums.ebay.com/db1/forum/Dolls/18 This Ebay forum is frequented by doll collectors who have done a good job of helping me identify some of my antique dolls. I've learned a lot on this site.

iacoffin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 01:53:54 pm »
Thanks Tales, will do.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 02:58:12 pm »
That label looks like a homemade one like with a label maker that schools use !!  I am wondering if this doll is not a  kit !! It does not look like factory sewn body !!  Possibly one that you get the parts to make the doll body at home and dress to suit yourself !! Most all I saw you could change clothes and dress in whatever you wanted and the hair on those was not porcelain !! This may be a ceramic shop piece or a kit !!

iacoffin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 09:08:04 pm »
Mart, I thought the same thing about the label. Plus her head and shoulders do not seem to be sewn to the body but glued? Couldn't feel any threads or straps holding it on. Wish I knew how they got that dress on with no opening. Could have put it on as the doll was assembled I guess.

Thanks,  Iris

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 11:17:24 pm »
If there are no stitching holes in the shoulder plate it would have to be glued on. I wouldn't let that or the label worry you too much, chances are someone just wanted to be able to identify the doll and made a label. I bet that's the original body.

iacoffin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 01:39:17 pm »
The holes are there but they didn't use them. There is no strap like I have seen on others and no stitching. Would have to be glued. Don'tcha love a mystery??? ;)

Thanks for all your help. Iris