Author Topic: Antique / Vintage pair of lamps  (Read 1922 times)

jkleinjr

• View Profile
Antique / Vintage pair of lamps
« on: April 24, 2012, 05:41:16 pm »
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can give me ANY info on this pair of lamps. I found them buried in an old garage. There are no shades and only one lamp has the bar on top that you mount the shade to. They appear to be ceramic but I really have no idea. I was wondering if someone can tell me what type of lamps (style) these would be known as, approx. when they were made, maybe where they were made (someone told me probably Czheckoslovakia) approximate value, and maybe who (company?) made them. There are no makers marks or anything like that, that I can see other then one has a red check mark on it obviously done after it was completed(maybe a quality check kind of thing)
Any info that someone could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Joe

mart

• View Profile
Re: Antique / Vintage pair of lamps
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 05:45:40 pm »
Your pics are not showing up !!  Can you try again ??

jkleinjr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 05:54:04 pm »
I'm having trouble posting the pics. Can someone give me some tips? I looked through the "Help" section but didnt see any "Help"! LOL
Joe

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 05:59:30 pm »
Hit reply, and then click on additional options, then click browse, find your pic and click or open it when it appears in the box, hit post !!  I think thats all !!

jkleinjr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 06:58:41 pm »
pic #1
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 07:01:38 pm by jkleinjr »

jkleinjr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 07:01:04 pm »
pic #2
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 07:02:52 pm by jkleinjr »

jkleinjr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 07:03:47 pm »
Sorry about all the posts, I had a hard time figuring out how to post pictures.
Joe

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 08:04:49 pm »
Look in pretty good shape to have been buried !! Unless you mean buried under stuff !!  They are pretty typical Victorian style lamps from mid 20`s or 30`s !!  I have a similar pair in my garage !! Looks like may have been rewired,, do they have double strand wire ?? You can buy lamp kits to rewire them if needed and it will have the harp to hold the shade,, Or you can take a harp of same size from an old busted lamp !! Rewiring is quite simple to do !!  They are a pretty common type and could have been made anywhere but they do not look Czech !! Almost all homes would have had similar lamps back then !! As to value,, $20. each,, $25. on a good day,, if you are lucky !! Would need to be rewired, have all parts to get that much !!

jkleinjr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 08:16:23 pm »
Yeah, sorry I did mean buried under stuff! I do believe they were rewired at some point because they have modern wiring. Thanks for the info, i know NOTHING about old lamps/lighting. I just couldnt see them getting thrown away (wich is where they were headed) I figure if they made it this far without even getting a chip on them and they stayed together, they deserve to be saved from the scrap heap!
Joe