Author Topic: Help with info about M. MÖCKEL german 800 ashtray  (Read 1471 times)

micaela

• View Profile
Help with info about M. MÖCKEL german 800 ashtray
« on: April 26, 2012, 05:27:21 pm »
Hi, I found this 800 silver ashtray from germany. Signed M. MOCKEL. If you know anithing I thanks you the info.

Kind Regards

Micaela

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Help with info about M. MÖCKEL german 800 ashtray
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 05:39:05 pm »
It is a very post Art Deco looking piece. I tried to translate the German but I can't read all of it. I put what I could see into the Babylon translator and it just repeated it. It look to long to be just someones name. It was made during the rise of the third Reich and their may be reference to that. It looks like an award of some kind. Very attractive piece!

micaela

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 05:52:18 pm »
Say DIE REICHSWIRTSCHAFTSKA MMER - 12 JANUAR 1938.

I fund the The Reichswirtschaftska mmer was a high profile organisation, its task was to align the economy to the wishes of the rouling clique.
The Reichswirtschaftska mmer was organized in seven branches of the economy: tourismn, industry, banking, insurances, trade, businesses, energy.
Additionally the Reichswirtschaftska mmer was organised in regional branches. A large organisation to direct the economy. The Reichswirtschaftska mmer was reporting directly to the Reichswirtschaftsmi nisterium, the ministry of economy.

micaela.

Size 18 cm diameter and 12 cm tall. Weight 690 grams.

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 08:10:32 pm »
You find some of the best stuff. I am getting very jealous. Here is an auction record for M. Mockel the mid century artist. You should be very pleased.
http://www.artnet.com/artists/LotDetailPage.aspx?lot_id=3D6DED33E2CBE9A3028A5C69858979C3