Author Topic: info and advice for buying a Hekman desk and chair  (Read 1323 times)

ladder34bplt

• View Profile
info and advice for buying a Hekman desk and chair
« on: April 30, 2012, 07:42:28 pm »
Hello..looking for any and all info regarding a Hekman desk and chair..has a label inside of the front main drop down drawer..inside of drawer on the bottom it appears to be a inlay of the hekman co. Label...the condition is VG ..Only two things wrong that I can tell is that the two knobs for drawer are missing...and the one spinet on left side has a small crack in its leg.....looking for info on a fair price...will attach pics.. Thank you Mark A. Pryor Ladder 34 Philadelphia Fire Dept.

mart

• View Profile
Re: info and advice for buying a Hekman desk and chair
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 05:46:31 am »
Your Heckman Spinet desk and chair is probably from 20`s or early 30`s, Victorian in style !!  These desks are not particularly popular in todays market and should be less than $200. more likely around $125. or so !! If they are wooden knobs,, and thats what it looks like,, its an easy match and replace if you buy it !!

ladder34bplt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 09:55:59 am »
Thanks for the help...have s great day

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 12:03:13 pm »
Not sure if the chair was a separate or if it was purchased with the desk but I would check and see !! Some of the Windsor style chairs do pretty well at sales !! Can`t see much since it is not a close shot and I can`t flip it upright !!