Author Topic: Emerson "Phonoradio"?/Antique Picnic Basket  (Read 1743 times)

FarmerAngus

• View Profile
Emerson "Phonoradio"?/Antique Picnic Basket
« on: May 06, 2012, 06:54:22 pm »
Hey,
Today I am looking for an appraisal on an item I recently purchased at an auction, an old Picnic basket.  I thought this looked neat, so for $.50, what the heck!  It is in good condition and plaid on the outside.  Upon opening up the flap, I found it was made by Redmon out of Peru, Indiana.  I also have the pie rack, which was inside of the basket.
Overall, I'm mainly looking for the value of this thing...but some history/names of picnic basket makers to look out for next time would help too:)

The basket.

The pie rack.

I've also got this.  I'm not really sure at all what it is; according to the label it is an Emerson Phonoradio but it looks like a record player to me.  Everything is operable with the exception of the fact that the needle came off of the arm, so at the moment it can not actually play.  I'm looking for the value of this item as it sits.

The tubing in the back.

I am looking to get rid of each of these items, so if you are really interested, shoot me what you would want to pay.
Thanks for the help!
- Angus
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:18:25 pm by FarmerAngus »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Antique Picnic Basket
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 07:42:40 pm »
http://www.redmonusa.com/history.cfm   This will give you some company history !! Offhand I would say your basket was likely made in the 40`s or 50`s !!  As far as value,, that depends on if anyone is buying them !! Look on ebay,, there are several listed,, then use your "sort by" and click on "ending soonest" that will give you the ones that actually have bids and are selling !! Don`t go by the starting bid price,, that means nothing unless someone is bidding on it !!

FarmerAngus

• View Profile
Re: Emerson "Phonoradio"?/Antique Picnic Basket
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 04:18:53 pm »
Thanks for the help!  I've also added an old record player so any help on that would be appreciated!