Author Topic: ??? Early American Eagle Table  (Read 7962 times)

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
??? Early American Eagle Table
« on: May 07, 2012, 02:33:45 pm »
Early American table. I would like a little info on this table. My friend would like to sell it, and doesn't know enough about it. It needs some fine tuning and she not sure what to ask price wise. I never seen one like it.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: ??? Early American Eagle Table
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 02:36:55 pm »
A couple more images.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 09:00:05 am »
Give me a while on this one, have found a few of a similar style which may be by the same maker but have not tracked it down in South Bend, Ind. yet !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 09:29:13 am »
Thanks, mart.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 07:23:29 pm »
Can you try to get some history on this table !! I can`t find a thing yet !! And no trace to a carver or mfr. that I can find !!  Does it look like anything else was ever on the bottom ?? Numbers or anything ??  Will start again tomorrow !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 08:20:18 pm »
My friend lived in Germantown, Pa. maybe 40 yrs. ago. Neighbor friends were moving and didn't want to take it with them and gave her the table. The only other info is the patent pending on the bottom. My friend thought that dated the table maybe around 1910 or 1913. I assume the table was made in Philadelphia.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 11:00:30 am »
BEAUTIFUL PIECE!!!

These pieces have been called by many names.  Butler's Table, Tea Table, Tray Table....
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:03:32 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 02:48:23 pm »
Thanks KC. What do you think my friend should sell this for?

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 03:51:22 pm »
South Bend? It looks like Pat. Pend. or Pending from where I am sitting. Great piece. I would not sell it until I had a better idea. Unless you can get a very reputable auction to take it.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 05:15:36 pm »
South Bend? It looks like Pat. Pend. or Pending from where I am sitting. Great piece. I would not sell it until I had a better idea. Unless you can get a very reputable auction to take it.

The one I found that had a similar description was made early 1900`s in South Bend Ind. Didn`t know till after I asked about history that it had a Philadelphia connection !!  I am going to PM Jacon4 and get him to look at it !!  He knows those east coast pieces !! 

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 05:52:57 pm »
Thanks, so much! My friend thanks you too! ;D She been wanting to sell it for a while. She doesn't have room for it. But now she lost her Preius key and Toyota wants $350.00 to replace it. Are you kidding me. I think that's a bit much for a key. Now she really wants to sell the table., lol

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 06:06:04 pm »
Thanks, so much! My friend thanks you too! ;D She been wanting to sell it for a while. She doesn't have room for it. But now she lost her Preius key and Toyota wants $350.00 to replace it. Are you kidding me. I think that's a bit much for a key. Now she really wants to sell the table., lol

I am assuming she is using a local dealer ?? Tell her to get on the phone and call Toyota !! If its a new car she should have been given two sets of keys !! If not,, Toyota will give her one or make the dealer give it to her !!   You might be surprised at what you can accomplish just going to another dealer even. Tell her not to sell that table now !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 06:15:48 pm »
Excellent advice Mart! Dealer parts people are motivated by commission. I took my Camry to a Toyota dealer to have my hood replaced after a paving stone flew off a truck an hit it. Better than my face. Toyota wanted 2000.00. I took the check and lived with the dent. Another estimate I got was 800.00.  If you complain to a manufacturer you can often get results. By the way I really like that table. I think it may be a centennial piece.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 07:00:07 pm »
I have seen that table somewhere in a book,, but I am a total blank as to where !!  I PM`d Jacon4 to look at it since he knows the east coast and might recognize it !! 

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 08:14:58 pm »
Thanks lol, I telling her to march over to that dealer and give that dealer a good sob story. ;D Then get tough, lol I'll tell her not to sell the table yet. She's really waiting to see what I can find out. Sue and her husband are both retired. I told her how to register to the website. I hope she's reading this, lol Sue has some really neat antiques. I'm having a senior moment!! Darn it!! Got it, I told her that her purple insulator could be valuable. On the Kovels website, they showed one that went for a lot of money. Couldn't remember the word insulator.