Author Topic: Old tiny baseball and playing cards and charms  (Read 1581 times)

thelanefam

• View Profile
Old tiny baseball and playing cards and charms
« on: May 12, 2012, 09:20:17 am »
Recently at an auction I purchased a lot of buttons and charms. Inside a tin I found all these old baseball cards and playing cards. The cards have actors and actresses some look like Roy Rogers. Not for sure if these are that old or rare or even what value would be. Please help google is letting me down. Also the charms I got have cartoon characters, cameos ect. Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:25:40 am by thelanefam »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Old tiny baseball and playing cards and charms
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 10:32:38 am »
Ok !! Lets see if my memory serves me correctly !!  These look like the items that were given in the machines similar to gumball machines !! Were in a small, plastic, clear, round container !! Put your money in, turn the crank and see what falls out !!  50`s era most likely !!  The little charms were often sewn onto hats, caps,, whatever we had available !!
Guess I had better ask how big they are ?? The little cards that I am talking about are maybe an inch tall at the most !!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 10:40:31 am by mart »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 01:23:20 pm »
Thought I would bump this one up and get a few more opinions !!

thelanefam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 11:48:47 am »
Great. I think you are right on the money with you comment. The best I can tell from my research is that they are from an old vending machine. Different machines different people. The baseball cards I did find out are from 1950, and called r423 cards. I have a large assortment of actors from westerns and other stars Roy Rogers with trigger. I know most people say they are worth whatever someone will pay for them, but still curious as a ballpark figure of what they might be worth. I gave $40 for everything. So I know I did good just wonder how good. Thank you for your response

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 12:40:48 pm »
The price would depend on what the lot consists of !!  Just what I am looking at here,, maybe $10. !!  These were available 50`s, 60`s and some into the 70`s !!  After that the contents changed since the western hero`s and such were not popular anymore !! Then it went to the "Space" era !! Rings that changed color and glowed in the dark !! Ect,, Ect !!

thelanefam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 05:31:35 pm »
10 bucks for all?????

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 08:32:36 pm »
Sorry but these have not hit collectability that I have ever seen or heard !!  But if your intent is to sell them,,,you never know !! They may strike a chord with someone in my age catagory and who knows ????