Author Topic: need help with identifing old wagon with wooden wheels and its value  (Read 2325 times)

stonlu

• View Profile
wagon has wooden wheels, tin roof with part that opens, and frame holds oil or water
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:03:30 pm by stonlu »

mart

• View Profile
What does the interior floor look like ?? Really rough ?? Its built like a feed wagon !!

stonlu

• View Profile
was origionally fully enclosed, with double doors in front and in back. the other side of roof has where it can open, also had shelves around the outside, and on the back in the frame has a cap in the frame

stonlu

• View Profile
roof

stonlu

• View Profile
pic of wheel and back frame

mart

• View Profile
Water would be added to that frame for traction possibly !!  Same reason we use water in our tractor tires !! You do not get stuck so easily in this sand !! There are no grooves in the wheels so they would have needed something !!  It looks like it was pulled by tractor ?? Is there a hitch ??  And the roof opens so something could be loaded from the top ?? Hay or corn then tossed out the back to feed cows as it was being pulled !! I am guessing a winter feed wagon !! I have seen similar used in the northern most states !!

stonlu

• View Profile
thank you so much for the information it will help, my father in law wasn't sure and I said I would try to get more information. He has had it for about 20 yrs and just used it as yard art, but now is starting to sale his collections due to health issues. I appreciate all the help I'm sure I will be using this site a lot to find out the value of his things as they are unsure and I want to make sure they don't get taken advantage of.  Thank you again
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 09:07:52 pm by stonlu »

cogar

• View Profile
Looks like an antique version of a food & drink vending trailer.

Such would be appropiate at at one of those "reinactment" events. ;D

stonlu

• View Profile
how much should we price it at?

cogar

• View Profile
The wheels by themselves are probably its only value.