Author Topic: Some Unusual Finds & Questions?  (Read 938 times)

KevinM

• View Profile
Some Unusual Finds & Questions?
« on: May 17, 2012, 07:36:08 am »
These are a few of some unusual finds I purchased yesterday from the thrift store (yes, the unusual item saga continues...).

The large ceramic Fox Figure Planter/Vase is made of red clay, is about 12 Inches in Height, 7 1/2 Inches in Width and stamped on the bottom "Mexico". It looks old, perhaps a tourist item from the 1960's or so is my guess. Has anyone seen any others like this one, know what the figure is called or named and know a ball park value of it?

The other item I have a question about is the small miniature painting. Again, I think it's from perhaps the 1960's. It's rather nicely done and looks like it's signed either "Eva Johuson" or "Eva Johnson". Does anyone know the artist and perhaps a value on this item? I searched for "Eva Johnson" and found a couple of them that painted but the signature did not match.

The silver goblet has no marking on it. I think it's heavy silver plate over NS (Nickle Silver .... aka Brass & Nickle). It's rather heavy and rings like a bell. There is a nice engraved floral pattern on it. Can anyone date this cup? I was thinking early to mid 1900's?

The crab is I think from the mid 1960's. Just thought he was cool and threw him in the picture. No questions on that one.

Thanks!
Kevin

" width="740" height="1609" border="0
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 08:01:06 am by KevinM »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Some Unusual Finds & Questions?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 08:57:32 am »
The little painting indeed is from late 60`s or 70`s !! My mother had a bunch of those,, same little stand !!  These were turned out in quantity and could be found in most small dept stores,, five and dime type !!  Crab paperweight might be a good sell !!