Author Topic: Sprague and Carleton bedroom set.  (Read 6424 times)

Dstrickland88

• View Profile
Sprague and Carleton bedroom set.
« on: May 19, 2012, 07:40:41 pm »
Ok, I just bought a bedroom set that came with an 8 drawer dresser, with a mirror that does not come attached. A 7 drawer dresser, a little end table and a fullsize bed frame. All of them are Sprague & Carleton. They have a medal stamp on all of them that say Sprague & Carleton, Makers of fine furniture. Keene, New Hampshire. They are in pretty good condition. Can anybody possibly tell me the worth, possibly the year of them? Thanks. I'm 23 and bought them at a yardsale for 250 for all of it.

Dstrickland88

• View Profile
Re: Sprague and Carleton bedroom set.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 07:41:57 pm »
Oh, and here the night stand thing..

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 11:11:35 am »
Well you got a good buy !! The set was likely made sometime in the 60`s !! It has reproduction Chippendale hardware !! It appears to be a good quality set and was taken care of !!  Excellent buy for the money and will probably last for years to come !! Sprague and Carleton made good furniture in a mid price range that most could afford !!

Dstrickland88

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 01:07:22 pm »
Thanks man, would you happen to know what its worth?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 02:20:56 pm »
Well, Its not old enough for Antique status but you could consider it classic style for the era !! Value would only be slightly more than than what you spent depending on area !!  Maybe $300. to $325. and that is because you got a complete set !!  Still,, you got a good deal !!