Author Topic: Can anyone with a worthpoint subscription please tell me what this sold for?  (Read 3461 times)

malcolm900

• View Profile
Can anyone with a worth point subscription please tell me what this sold for? i really dont want to pay ten dollars for a one time login, please anyone?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
What is it?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

malcolm900

• View Profile
What is it?

haha how dumb of me didnt even put the link in i found out tho thanx!

britniz

• View Profile
Good morning! My name is Britni and I work for WorthPoint. We do have a 7 day free trial that you can use. This gives you access to the Worthopedia for 7 days and 5 item look-ups. Check it out at www.WorthPoint.com and select 7 day free trial! Cancel anytime before your trial is up. Good luck!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Thanks britniz!  Welcome to the forum!  Most people don't realize the free trial time!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
I always forget the free trial is ending and my card gets billed. Does not work for the memory challenged like myself.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Video of whistlling hobo

Ebay information  Karl Grisbaum's Whistling Tramp Made between 1920's - 1940's
http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/Historical-Memorabilia/Antique-Whistling-Hobo/1000297839

"Karl Griesbaum started his workshop in Triberg, Germany, in 1905. At first he carved singing-bird boxes, then graduated to whistling figures in the 1920s. You probably have one of the four versions of his Whistling Tramp figures. They were made and sold as recently as 1970. They originally sold for about $140 each. Today, in fine condition, they bring $500."

"Fortunately, the dying art of singing bird boxes has experienced a renaissance. The fact that the the original mechanism is still a standard for the music box production is in itself a sufficient tribute to the originator, Jaquet-Droz. However, the design was perfected by Karl Griesbaum in 1905 in Germany when he added safeguards and devices to include a slow-closing lid and safety device that prevents damage to the mechanism should the lid be closed during its' play.  A "Karl Griesbaum Workshop" (meaning that the movements and mechanics are produced in exacting likeness to the originals manufactured in 1905) has been established in which the beloved music boxes are still being hand made in the Black Forest today.  Other than the stamped number insignia that represents the registered date of manufacture, these heirloom boxes are indiscernible from the originals and are truly appreciable."
http://www.victoriantradingco.com/store/catalogimages/4f/i12288.html

malcolm900

• View Profile
Video of whistlling hobo

Ebay information  Karl Grisbaum's Whistling Tramp Made between 1920's - 1940's
http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/Historical-Memorabilia/Antique-Whistling-Hobo/1000297839

"Karl Griesbaum started his workshop in Triberg, Germany, in 1905. At first he carved singing-bird boxes, then graduated to whistling figures in the 1920s. You probably have one of the four versions of his Whistling Tramp figures. They were made and sold as recently as 1970. They originally sold for about $140 each. Today, in fine condition, they bring $500."

"Fortunately, the dying art of singing bird boxes has experienced a renaissance. The fact that the the original mechanism is still a standard for the music box production is in itself a sufficient tribute to the originator, Jaquet-Droz. However, the design was perfected by Karl Griesbaum in 1905 in Germany when he added safeguards and devices to include a slow-closing lid and safety device that prevents damage to the mechanism should the lid be closed during its' play.  A "Karl Griesbaum Workshop" (meaning that the movements and mechanics are produced in exacting likeness to the originals manufactured in 1905) has been established in which the beloved music boxes are still being hand made in the Black Forest today.  Other than the stamped number insignia that represents the registered date of manufacture, these heirloom boxes are indiscernible from the originals and are truly appreciable."
http://www.victoriantradingco.com/store/catalogimages/4f/i12288.html

your gold