Author Topic: What were these used for?  (Read 1734 times)

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
What were these used for?
« on: May 29, 2012, 10:41:38 am »
This was one of one dollar deals Saturday. There were a few of these but I only bought one. This one had the best enamel. It is about ten inches high and enameled gray inside and out. The top is plain rusty tin.  I am sure this is easy.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: What were these used for?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 11:53:58 am »
I believe you've got a nice little cream pail! (aka milk pail, milk bucket)

Here's a similar one on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-VIKO-Cream-Pail-Original-Lid-and-Handle-Aluminum-/300673521273
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:56:35 am by talesofthesevenseas »
Antiqueaholic in recovery

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 11:56:15 am »
Thanks. I guess my wife was right on this one.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 12:45:44 pm »
Nice find !! They run around $20. here !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 01:06:45 pm »
I actually bought an Industrial 1920s Simmons metal stand/table. a pressed pattern cake stand, a wood scoop of some kind, an old 16 candle tin mold, Victorian silver plated sauce ladle, a Tongue aqua canning jar, a pink depression glass dessert dish, the tongs in another post and this pail for 15 dollars. It was one of those sales where there were no prices and I expected everything to be high. I passed up a lot that I would have bought  if I had a bigger place or a sales avenue. 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 01:09:47 pm »
No joke ??  You made out like a bandit !!  You may need to rent a stall in an antique mall somewhere !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 02:07:17 pm »
I tried that once but I had shrinkage issues. I may try again somewhere else.  This area has several factors that come together that make it a great picking place.  I saw a Sheraton Drop Leaf table that was gorgeous sold for 300.00, on Saturday by a very affluent woman who was "tired of it."  I was glad it was sold because I would have had a big fight with my wife over it.  It was very similar to one posted on here several weeks ago. You have such a mixture of farm land, Victorian seaside, commercial fishing, gay communities, urban and suburban  and bungalow cultures. I do not know anywhere else with a mix like the central Jersey shore area.  Do not believe what you see on TV. NJ is nothing like Snooky or Teresa Guidice. They are part of the ignorant minority who found their way out through the magic of media.