Author Topic: Any Wooden Spoke Buick Wheel Experts On Here?  (Read 1588 times)

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
Any Wooden Spoke Buick Wheel Experts On Here?
« on: June 06, 2012, 02:56:39 am »
Well...not so much expert, but rather anyone that may know.

I've been helping my parents clean out their house lately, and I came across my dad's old 1920s wood spoke Buick wheels. Rough is an understatement. I don't have any pictures of them yet. I just found them the other day as it was getting too dark to keep digging through the sheds. Well my Dad has decided that it's time to sell them (translate that to: rockandrollrods gets to sell them). Which is fine and dandy with me, but I have few ideas of where to go. I work in the automotive business, and while I do have some contacts that own cars with wood spoke wheels, I don't know any Buick owners from that era. Without boring any readers anymore that I already have, the specs are different than other car's wheels.

Does anyone know of a restoration shop or what have you that deals with these classic old things?
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

mart

• View Profile
Re: Any Wooden Spoke Buick Wheel Experts On Here?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 08:58:33 pm »
Can we see one ?? Condition wise ???  Not many doing Buick`s !!  Of course they could be used as a design/decorator element !!  Would not want to use the more popular types but Buick would be fine !!  No real collector value !!