Author Topic: Teak Furniture confusion  (Read 1370 times)

Rumor

• View Profile
Teak Furniture confusion
« on: June 10, 2012, 11:48:11 am »
Hello,

Some of you may have read my intro on the other forum but I’ll sum it up here. My great Uncle is 92 years old and has decided he wants to sell his house which in turn makes me the seller of everything small and big, dusty and clean, etc. I’ve been researching for the past 4 weeks but since I’m still in University it’s been slow researching in-between courses and work.  I’ve found most of my great uncles furniture online since teak furniture is pretty common on Etsy, thankfully. Although I’m now stumped on one piece since I have no clue what its called or even how I should approach it. I’ve called it a bench, a table, an entrance way piece and nothing. I was really hoping someone on this forum is knowledgeable on teak furniture and willing to share with me what its called or any information they may know about it. Anything would be appreciative!

My second mini question to anyone is the website, Etsy, is it open to Canadians? To be able to sell antiques? I’ve been searching and many of the objects are posted and sold to Americans. Or is there a Canadian site which I can sell on?

Thanks you in advance for taking the time to read my long and possibly confusing post  :)

« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:51:44 am by Rumor »

sugarcube

• View Profile
Re: Teak Furniture confusion
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 02:45:56 pm »
it looks to be a revamped telephone bench to me,

were very common 50's 60's

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 02:51:33 pm »

Rumor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 09:47:21 pm »
Thank you SO much. I wonder why i never thought of that name when i was researching :P

I know it was 60's because my great uncle told me he bought it back then just never knew if the actual purpose was to talk on the telephone.

Hopefully someone still wants one :)

Thanks again! Off to find buyers for all the furniture.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 01:25:12 am »
Great job Sapphire!  This is a Denmark style telephone bench!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!