Author Topic: I Need Help with an Oil Painting  (Read 4106 times)

cogar

• View Profile
Re: I Need Help with an Oil Painting
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 01:51:47 pm »
Take a second look.  I am familiar with the area as I am from Northern NJ and had family in Glens Falls and Scoharie. I spent every summer up there.

My royal flush beats your 2 pair. I spent nigh onto 18 years in Herkimer County.

Small world, as they say.

My 1st wife was from the Cobleskill area.

She was working as a nurse at MIBH when we met.

She's the one that moved, ....... to Herkimer.

And "NO", I'm not BS'ing you. My last name is still very well remembered up that away.

As Mart said, artists paint scenes from inspiration and their imagination.

Here is an oil I painted, of the latter catagory, my 1st ever landscape, on my brother's living room wall in Pennsyl.. That's what he wanted and I thunked it and painted what I was thinking. He liked it and that's all that matters.

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 01:54:04 pm by cogar »

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 02:10:09 pm »
Oh well, I might as well show you another one of my “inspirational” oils while I’m in the mood. It’s a little better than my 1st one pictured above.

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 01:12:34 pm »
Painting a flat topped mountain would not be in the average imagination nor would be the separations of the smaller branching off of the streams unless the person had actually seen a place like this once and had a lucid memory. I see photos of Wyoming, Colorado and Montana that look similar. Especially around Glacier National Park.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 07:22:20 pm »
I like the first one better !!  I have done a number of murals in private homes and my brothers BBQ restaurant !! Did have a bunch of my class pics and a few of mine in Picture Trail,, but they deleted them because I didn`t use it enough !!