Author Topic: Marble Cleaner & Polish  (Read 1652 times)

yellowrose84

• View Profile
Marble Cleaner & Polish
« on: June 14, 2012, 09:19:32 pm »
Colour Cupboard Marble Cleaner & Polish. Turco Paint & Varnish Co. Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19106.

I've never heard of Marble cleaner and Polish. Does anyone know anything about this?

sugarcube

• View Profile
Re: Marble Cleaner & Polish
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 08:21:48 am »
I tried to find this for you and could not...I wonder how many companies made marble polish?

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 10:39:23 am »
Marble polish/cleaners used to be a very common items to find in european & american households , esp since many folks used marble-topped washstands (which could/did get water/funk stained very quickly) , prior to the advent of bathroom sinks (& indoor running hot & cold water) .

Some of these polishes contained copper sulphates (green), cadmium (red) , and lead (white) , which were used for 'attempting' to mask discolorations on stained marble surfaces ... just a word to the wise on using any true antique-aged/era  polishes .

Modern-manufactured polishing/cleaning products are missing those toxins , so they are pretty much o.k. to use !
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 07:52:48 am »
Good job fancy!  True!  The older ones have chemicals that are banned these days.  I would research the chemical make-up of this one before I would use it if I were you!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

yellowrose84

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 08:00:27 pm »
Thank you for all the replies!