Author Topic: Two porcelain sets. Please help identify the mark.  (Read 3102 times)

Murena

• View Profile
Two porcelain sets. Please help identify the mark.
« on: June 17, 2012, 09:44:46 am »
Hello,
I have two porcelain sets but till now I don't know what maker is.
I would like to know maker and age of these sets. Please help me. Thank you in advance.

Chris_Marshall

Re: Two porcelain sets. Please help identify the mark.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 07:21:25 pm »
The manufacturer will forever remain a mystery as the applied mark belonged to a retailer which had such sets made and custom-marked by numerous manufacturers. The mark reads 'B.H. GESCHENKE' ("B.H. Gifts") and was registered to the company of B. Halbach. Halbach specialized on cheap gifts and souvenirware; he was active in the 1970s as far as I know.

The additions read 'handgemalt' ("hand painted") and 'ges. gesch.' (abbreviation of 'gesetzlich geschützt', "protected by law").

Murena

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 02:05:39 am »
The manufacturer will forever remain a mystery as the applied mark belonged to a retailer which had such sets made and custom-marked by numerous manufacturers. The mark reads 'B.H. GESCHENKE' ("B.H. Gifts") and was registered to the company of B. Halbach. Halbach specialized on cheap gifts and souvenirware; he was active in the 1970s as far as I know.

The additions read 'handgemalt' ("hand painted") and 'ges. gesch.' (abbreviation of 'gesetzlich geschützt', "protected by law").

Thanks a lot for the detailed answer.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 10:33:42 am »
Murena, Chris Marshal is "THE EXPERT" in the world on this!   For Real!
Thanks Chris!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!