Author Topic: Mystery Two-footed Vase - Can anyone help with identifying it or it's era?  (Read 1089 times)

carriegirl78

• View Profile
Hi all,

I found this vase at a charity store in a nearby town. I have researched and cannot figure out it's maker or era.

The two black legs are high gloss glazed and the boat shaped vase section is grey blue stippled and matte. It is heavy and approx 40cm high. People who have visited me and seen it either love it or hate it!

There is a makers mark underneath which I have photographed, it does not look like English, I think it is chinese characters perhaps?

Any suggestions appreciated!

;) Carrie
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:55:36 am by carriegirl78 »

mart

• View Profile
It looks like some of the vases seen with Danish modern design from the 50`s !! Can you get a better shot of that mark ??

carriegirl78

• View Profile
Thanks for your reply! It's hard photographing the gloss surface where the makers mark is but I have done a better job today I think. I have taken it looking from both sides.

I have also taken a close up of the inside of the vase where there is a remnant of a gold sticker I think - not sure if this is original and so you can see the stippled effect of the pottery.